Clifford Park is the largest racing centre on the Darling Downs conducting weekly racing on the new grass racing surface. Currently, Clifford Park is looking for new members to join our progressive team in the below roles:
VENUE LEADING HAND / HANDYMAN
The Toowoomba Turf Club (TTC) at Clifford Park Racecourse is the largest racing centre on the Darling Downs conducting over 40 race meetings per year. The TTC is currently looking for new members to join our progressive team.
Reporting to the Chief Executive, the Venue Leading Hand will play integral supervisors’ role in the venue and facility maintenance team by delivering a high standard of maintenance and project work to ensure the upkeep and of the Clifford Park venue facilities and providing grounds maintenance support.
• Supervision of all maintenance and repair works outlined in the Clifford Park venue management maintenance plan,
• Identify repairs and maintenance works to be included in the Clifford Park venue management maintenance program,
• Ensure safe maintenance and record keeping of all Clifford Park venue assets and maintenance equipment,
• Lead and develop a committed venue team of six.
• Provide general venue maintenance assistance to the Racecourse department as required. These tasks can include bare are not limited to; mowing, lawn maintenance, asset repairs, cleaning etc.
To be successful in this role you will have;
• Minimum five years’ experience in a similar Handyman role,
• Minimum three years’ experience in a similar leading hand / supervisory role,
• Racing industry knowledge and experience desirable but not essential.
Salary will be developed based on the successful applicant’s level of experience and expertise.
For applications please visit https://www.seek.com.au/job/37827034?type=standard
Toowoomba Turf Club are looking for Barrier Attendants to assist at Jumpouts on Tuesdays and Racedays on Saturdays.
Must have experience in handling horses and racing experience preferred.
If you are interested or need more information please contact Racecourse Manager Dave Morrison on 0412 047 261 or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org .
We currently also have positions available in our catering department, bar (RSA required), tote operators, fluctuations and casual race day positions.
Applicants must be willing to work on Saturday evenings and when required.
If you believe you have what it takes to join our dedicated team, please submit a covering letter along with you resume to email@example.com.