SPORTING FLAVOUR TO AUCTION ITEMS
SPORTING enthusiasts are encouraged to come along to the Racing Reaches Out fundraiser dinner at Clifford Park this Saturday night to bid on incredible memorabilia pieces.
Pieces going under the hammer in both live and silent auctions during the evening include:
• Makybe Diva framed and signed (Glen Boss) print
• Black Caviar framed and signed (Peter Moody) print
• Joao Moreira framed and signed breeches
• Michelle Payne framed and signed breeches
• Brisbane Broncos fully catered corporate box (v Sharks) for 8 people
• Gold Coast Titans fully catered corporate box (v Warriors) for 18 people
• Buffering race shoe framed and signed (Robert Heathcote & Damian Browne)
• Penrith Panthers signed jersey
• “The Originals” Qld State of Origin signed and framed print
• Winx framed print
• Peter Brock “King of the Mountain” framed print (fax signature)
• Bart Cummings “King of the Cups” framed and signed print
One particularly interesting auction piece has been given to Clifford Park to auction – a signed and framed (pristine condition) photograph of the 1939-40 Wallabies side.
TTC Chairman Kent Woodford said this piece was of “particular interest” locally, as John “Cracker” McDonald’s father was a part of the side.
“It’s the Wallabies side that travelled to England, but never got to play any games as World War II broke out. This is an incredible piece and hard to put a price on.”
Mr Woodford said three high-profile former Wallabies players were interested in bidding on the piece on the night via phone.
“However, Wallabies lovers in the marquee on the night are welcome to bid,” Mr Woodford said.
There is also plenty of corporate hospitality at various racing clubs and studs across Australia that will be auctioned, including:
• Magic Millions (three events) ticketing
• Scone Cup 2018 hospitality
• Brisbane Racing Club corporate box
• Godolphin corporate box for Epsom Handicap at Royal Randwick (October 2017)
• “Day at the Stables” (Gai Waterhouse Racing) and ATC hospitality
• Ultimate Melbourne trip (Flemington hospitality, Living Legends farm tour, accommodation and airfares from Wellcamp Airport)
These incredible auction items compliment the already impressive stallion sire service donations (valued at almost $70,000), which are currently listed online at: www.auctioncentre.com.au/shop.php?user_id=110975
The generous donations have been made by:
• Sizzling – Newgate Stud, Aberdeen, NSW
• Hidden Dragon – Lyndhurst Stud, via Warwick, Qld
• Scissor Kick – Arrowfield Stud, Scone, NSW
• Spirit Of Boom – Eureka Stud, Cambooya, Qld
• Mahisara – Wattle Brae Stud, Glenvale, Qld
• Trust In A Gust – Swettenham Stud, Nagambie, Vic
• Spill The Beans – Aquis Farm, Canungra, Qld
• Furnaces – Aquis Farm, Canunga, Qld
Toowoomba Turf Club Chairman Kent Woodford said tickets for the event were selling fast.
“If you want to be a part of this amazing night to help raise money for Ben and Wade and their families, I suggest your gets your tickets now. Our big marquee will be full to the brim on Saturday night,” Mr Woodford said.
Tickets for the event cost $75, including dinner and dessert. The TTC will cover ALL expenses associated with the dinner cost, allowing all of the ticket price to go to the fundraising pool.
A full list of auction items (silent and live) can be found on the Clifford Park Racecourse Facebook page. www.facebook.com/Clifford-Park-Racecourse-134745473258864/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel
Tickets are available for purchase by contacting Clifford Park administration on 4634 6066.